CHAPTER III – MEMBERSHIP – SECTION 3
Membership Categories were amended to agree with the Pa. Medical Society categories; Affiliate Members and Associate Member Categories were discontinued in November, 2018. Affiliate Member was reclassified as Supporter Member. Any Associate Member category prior to November, 2018 would retain Associate Member status.
CHAPTER V – MEETINGS – SECTION 2 – Amended to read: Regular meetings of the Society will be held monthly, usually on the third Thursday of the month. Previous language: Regular meetings of this Society shall be held as determined by the Board of Directors.
CHAPTER VI – NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS – Amended to read: All elections shall be by e-mail ballots preceding the annual meeting and board members shall be determined based on majority of ballots cast. Previous language: All elections shall be by ballot via e-mail to the membership preceding the annual meeting and a majority of all Active and Associate Members voting shall be necessary to elect.
CHAPTER VIII – SECTION 2 – TERM OF OFFICE. Previous language – The term of office shall be for a period of one year commencing at the annual meeting. Amended to read: The term of office for delegates shall be determined at the annual meeting.
CHAPTER III – MEMBERSHIP
SECTION 3 – MEMBERSHIP CATEGORIES - Amended to agree with the Pa. Medical Society categories as follows:
(A) Active Member.
1) Persons who hold the degree of Doctor of Medicine or Osteopathic Medicine, or the equivalent from a recognized accredited medical school, and who hold or are eligible to hold an unrestricted license to practice medicine and surgery in Pennsylvania, are eligible for active membership in this Society. Upon admission to membership, such members shall have the right to vote and hold office in this Society.
2) Residents and Fellows: Residents and fellows serving in training programs approved by this Society are eligible for active membership in this Society. Upon admission to membership, such members shall have the right to vote and hold office in this Society.
3) Medical Students: Medical students enrolled in a medical school approved by this Society are eligible for active membership in this Society. They shall make application directly to this Society. Such students are entitled to all rights and privileges of membership. Medical student active members shall pay such amount as is fixed each year by the PAMED Society Board of Trustees and the York County Medical Society Board of Directors.
(B) Honorary Member: Physicians who are not residents of Pennsylvania, but are members of their own state or territorial medical association, may be elected to this category by the House of Delegates by a three-fourths vote at any annual meeting. The individual is not required to have an unlimited license to practice medicine and surgery in the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania. The Honorary Member is not required to pay any annual dues. No more than two Honorary members may be elected in any one year to this category by the House of Delegates. An Honorary Member is not entitled to any of the rights and privileges of membership.
(C) Administrative Member: An Administrative Member shall be:
1. A County Society Executive – A county Society executive, who may or may not be a physician shall be exempt from paying dues.
2. A Practice Administrator – Practice Administrators from a practice with at least one physician member and a membership level of 50 percent or more, as of the current membership year, shall be exempt from paying dues. Practice Administrators with less than 50 percent membership are not exempt from paying dues or
3. A Hospital Medical Staff Coordinator - Hospital medical staff coordinator must meet the state Society’s membership guidelines and are not exempt from paying dues.
An administrative member may not vote or hold office, but may serve as a non-voting member of any work group or committee provided that the percentage of administrative members does not exceed 25 percent.
CHAPTER V – MEETINGS
SECTION 2 – REGULAR MEETINGS - Regular meetings of the Society will be held monthly, usually on the third Thursday of the month.
CHAPTER VI – NOMINATIONS AND ELECTIONS
SECTION 2. ELECTIONS. The election of the officers of the Society, such number of delegates and alternate delegates to the Pennsylvania Medical Society as to which this Society may be then entitled, and such members of the Board of Directors as are required to fill vacancies therein, shall take place by e-mail ballot preceding the annual meeting and board members shall be determined based on majority of ballots cast.
CHAPTER VIII – DELEGATES AND ALTERNATES TO THE PENNSYLVANIA MEDICAL SOCIETY
SECTION 2. Term of Office. The term of office of each delegate and alternate shall be determined at the annual meeting. If in any year the number of delegates and alternates to which the Society is entitled under the Bylaws of the Pennsylvania Medical Society is greater than the number of delegates and alternates elected for that year at the preceding annual meeting, the Board of Directors shall elect for a regular term such number of additional delegates and alternates to which this Society may be entitled. If in any year the number of delegates and alternates to which this Society is entitled is less than the number elected for that year at the preceding annual meeting, the Board of Directors shall determine, by any means in its discretion, the delegates and alternates whose terms of office are to terminate, and the terms of office of such persons shall thereupon be terminated.